Remix Gone Right

4.14.2010
I'm not usually a fan of remixes, especially when the original song is already strong on its own. But every now and then a DJ gets it right.

DJ Earworm (worst name, ever?) has many mash-ups on his website, but this one—Reckoner Lockdown—blew me away. He took Reckoner by Radiohead (which I'd list in my top five favorite Radiohead songs) and Love Lockdown by Kanye West (which I never loved, but thought the beat was cool) and put them together to make one awesome song. Granted, it's more Kanye than Radiohead, and I'm not advocating that it's better than the original Reckoner, but the two songs blended together just sound right. And then a cat named Instamatic made a video for it. Don't you just love YouTube sometimes?

Take a listen and if you're feeling it, check out DJ Earworm's site where you can download a bunch of his work for free. Most of his other blends aren't really my style, but music is in the ear of the beholder.

0 comments:

Post a Comment