Sun Breaks

3.29.2010
Last week got me down on humanity a bit. Adults lobbing racial and sexual slurs at each other over health care, priests abusing power and children, Palin telling her fans to go "reload." Sometimes when humans let me down, I search for beauty, light and art to remind me of how much greatness there is in the world. Just like a sun break on a rainy day, the right use of light and color can change your whole perspective. Here's to the sun breaks amidst the storm.



Multimedia artist Daniele Buetti manipulates photos, using wisely placed perforations on aluminum light boxes to take his art to a level of illuminated brilliance.




This video, done by a fan of Kanye's, is for of my favorite songs by Mr. West. It's a great thinking song. I appreciate this video for the symmetry between the music and visuals, allowing you to completely connect with the vibe of the song.



While I don't love this new song by Kelis, I will say that this video is a stunning blend of videography, color and movement. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment