In honor of World Water Day, I'm offering you two perspectives on the global water crisis. I know it seems like there's a new crisis everyday, making it easy to get apathetic and numb. The only way I can ever stomach the daily digestion of global crises is if something tangible is presented along with the crisis— steps I can take that don't involve giving away thousands of dollars or selling everything I own. That's why I like both these videos—they offer more than just a problem, they also present various steps you can take, should you choose to accept this mission.
The first video is from charity: water, an organization that has provided clean water to over 1 million people in 3 years. Snap. But they do more than talk the talk, they show the walk. Their website displays everything from google maps to videos to iconography to demonstrate clearly and effectively just how much they've given and where they've given to. Their new campaign, Unshaken, highlights their renewed efforts in Haiti.
The second video is made by the creators of The Story of Stuff (an awesome graphic video about, well, stuff). This time the video hones in on The Story of Bottled Water and how we Americans became bottled water crazy.
It's a classic Goldilocks situation of too much, too little. Some of us have too much clean water so we got duped into paying for something we can easily get for free, while others have too little clean water and can't get access to it no matter how hard they try. On World Water Day, perhaps you can consider what small move you can make to help alleviate this disparity. Raising a glass of tap water in your honor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment