As of yesterday I had never heard of an artist called The ILLZ. Then I happened upon one of his videos, which was so beautifully shot to exactly match the mood, tone and content of the song that I had to see more. After finding his site I saw that he is currently working with videographer Krystopher Rey-Talley to create a project entitled the "In Between Video Series" with the aim of proving that "simplicity truly is the highest form of sophistication."
With most of the videos featuring one verse, and no chorus, I'd say that simple, effective and intriguing seem to be the end result. I want more, which is what they want. And since they're making a video for every track on the album before they release the audio version, I'd assume by the time it drops I'll want the whole album. In the meantime, I just keep watching the videos. I'm caught in between the visuals and the audio. Simply brilliant.
Give yourself a few quiet moments to watch these videos (they're thinking songs people, you gotta be in the right head space for that). If you're feeling the vibe and want something to tide you over till these tracks are released, click here to download the free LP from 2009. Tracks from the videos will be released August 17.
MPA (My Public Apology)
The Moment You Feel Definite Hope
Dreams of Life and Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Love it Gull...another thought provoking set :) Not bad on the eyes either. He's in NY right? FIND HIM!
Post a Comment