Sounds, Smoke & Amsterdam

7.03.2010
I'm still convinced that one of the best things you can give someone is music. Luckily, since moving to NYC, I've met a good amount of people who know about music. How refreshing.

Through a music exchange, the homie Frei hyped me to some fellas out of Amsterdam by the name of Full Crate & Mar. I'm not sure what Amsterdam has in the water — but I think we all know what they have in the air — which must be part of the reason these musicians come out with some of the smoothest, most melodic, laid back music around. Full Crate & Mar definitely have a similar vibe to one of my favorite producers, Nicolay, the man behind The Foreign Exchange brilliance.

If you find yourself with a little down time this 4th of July weekend, cool out to some of these sounds. See if you can't see the smoke rising in the air as you let this song wash over you. Not to mention, this video is pretty awesome. You know I love when a video matches a song.



Note: Make sure you get to the 1:40 mark.  After you've inhaled them in, if you want some more of their good stuff, cop their EP, Conversations With Her.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

His voice is like butta'! Thank you gull...another gem!

Post a Comment