Music worth your full attention

2.03.2010
Those of you who know me know I'm a bit obsessed with music. And because of this obsession, I will scour sites for hours to find music that I feel either moves me physically, intellectually or emotionally. When a song or an artist hits all three, then I give them a 5 star rating in itunes.

Here are some 5 star songs from 5 star artists:


Alice Smith: Gary's Song
This piece of art washes over you like jumping into a
cold lake on a hot day—shocking at first, to the pointyou're uncertain if you're enjoying it, but as your body adjusts to the temperature change, you realize there isn't anything else you'd rather be doing. Or, in Alice's case, there isn't anything else you'd rather be listening to.

Alice Smith: Do I
Dub-type beat, piercing lyrics with her soothing voice. Put it on as the background, or the foreground. If you don't close your eyes and slowly bob your head at some point, you aren't listening.



Leela James: My Joy
This gem might cause repeat listening. Her voice coupled with the message of this song will lift your soul and might just remind you that sometimes we sink low only to bounce higher.

Nicole Willis: No One's Gonna Love You
It almost mocks you as the beat grabs your attention and builds on itself to you can't begin to wonder what's coming next. Once Nicole drops her first note, you might find yourself wondering if anyone's gonna sing to you like her.

Zion I: Antenna
This Bay Area duo will have you feeling like it's a summer afternoon in the dead of winter. They just want to talk to you, so listen with a cool, calm ear.

To hear these songs and a few more for free click on this 5 stars playlist.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Alice Smith is on point! Thanks for opening my eyes up the her. She is Soulful and so much more.

Post a Comment